Word suggestions (25): Radius, Radius of earth, Radius bone, Radius server, Radius map, Radius global solutions, Radius of a circle, Radius and ulna, Radius calculator, Radius formula, Radius bank, Radius global, Radius vs diameter, Radius of gyration, Radius chicago, Radius global solutions llc, Radius of curvature, Radius of convergence calculator, Radius using area, Radius solutions, Radius css, Radiusdesk, Radius telematics, Radius koreatown, Radius aaa
[ˈrādēəs] ✕ Play
radius (noun) · radii (plural noun) · radiuses (plural noun)
- a straight line from the center to the circumference of a circle or sphere. See also illustration at geometric
- a radial line from the focus to any point of a curve.
- the length of the radius of a circle or sphere.
- a specified distance from a center in all directions:
- the thicker and shorter of the two bones in the human forearm. Compare with ulna
- the corresponding bone in a vertebrate's foreleg or a bird's wing.
- any of the main veins in an insect's wing.
- (in an echinoderm or coelenterate) any of the primary axes of radial symmetry.
- give a rounded form to (a corner or edge):
Synonymsgeometric, ulna, Latin,
Top Asked Questions
What is the plural of radius?In geometry, the radius is defined as a line segment joining the center of the circle or a sphere to its circumference or boundary. It is an important part of circles and spheres which is generally abbreviated as 'r'. The plural of radius is " radii " which is used when we talk about more than one radius at a time.
What is the radius of a circle?a straight line extending from the center of a circle or sphere to the circumference or surface: The radius of a circle is half the diameter. the length of such a line. the length of this line, usually denoted by the symbol r
What is the relationship between radius and area?The radius is the ratio of circumference to 2π. The radius formula using the circumference of a circle is expressed as: Radius Formula with Area: The area of a circle is the space occupied by the circle. The relationship between the radius and area is given by the formula, Area of the circle = πr 2 square units.
What is the difference between radius and chord?Diameter (red) is a line with both endpoints on the circle going through the center. Chord (purple) is any line with both endpoints on the circle. In some sense, the radius is the MVP here: it plays a crucial role in all the formulas, so it's essential to learn how to find the radius of a circle.